A tasty vegan version of a favorite classic for your Instant Pot. It still has all the flavor but uses plant-based chik’n.
Here’s how we made it:
Gather together and prepare all the ingredients. See the printable recipe below.
Combine the spaghetti (or pasta of your choice) and the broth in the Instant Pot inner liner first. We do this to make sure the pasta is submerged in liquid so it will cook properly.
Next, add the rest of the ingredients, but don’t stir! The reason that we’re not going to stir this is, once again, we want to make sure the pasta stays submerged in the liquid so that it cooks properly.
Now it’s time to return the inner liner to the Instant Pot base. Then, close and lock the lid, ensuring that the Pressure Valve is in the Sealing position.
Once the cooking time is complete, allow a 10-minute NPR (Natural Pressure Release) to allow the contents to settle down a bit.
Then release the remaining pressure by carefully turning the Pressure Valve from Sealing to Venting.
Wait for the Float Valve to drop.
Now you can, carefully, unlock and remove the lid.
Transfer the inner liner to a heatproof surface. Be VERY CAREFUL as the liner and the contents are very hot!
The reason we like to transfer the liner from the Instant Pot base is because that eliminates the possibility of anything be spilled into the channel of the Instant Pot base. While that’s not critical, that channel can be really difficult to clean.
Now’s the time to give the soup a good stir.
You can now serve the soup immediately or refrigerate or freeze for later use.
Cooks in 4 Minutes?
While say this soup cooks in 4 minutes it technically accurate, it doesn’t give you the whole picture.
Total Instant Pot Time:
For this recipe, we used a 6-quart Duo.
Here’s the breakdown on the TOTAL Instant Pot time:
- Time to come to pressure: approx. 23 minutes (add 3-4 minutes if the broth is semi-frozen)
- Cooking time: 4 minutes
- Timed NPR: 10 minutes
- Time for QR to release rest of pressure: approx. 3 minutes
- Total Instant Pot time: approx. 40 minutes (add 3-4 minutes if the broth is semi-frozen)
Print out the recipe below and make your own Vegan Chik’n Noodle Soup!
Vegan Chik’n Noodle Soup
- Electric Pressure Cooker
- 7 cups vegetable broth preferably home made
- 4 ounces spaghetti broken, or pasta of your choice
- l large yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 3 medium carrots diced
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 ounces plant-based chik'n
- Add the broth and spaghetti to the inner liner of your Instant Pot.Note: we want to make sure that the pasta is covered by the broth so it will cook properly)
- Add the rest of the ingredients and do not stir.Note: We don’t stir this because we want to make sure the pasta remains covered by the liquid.
- Transfer the inner liner to the base of the Instant Pot and close and lock the lid, ensuring that the Pressure Valve is in the Sealing position.
- Select the Soup/Broth button and set the cooking time for 4 minutes.
- Once cooking time is complete, allow a 10-minute NRP (Natural Pressure Release).
- Then, release the rest of the pressure by carefully turning the Pressure Valve from Sealing to Venting.
- Once all of the pressure has been released and the Float Valve has dropped, carefully remove the lid.
- Transfer the inner liner to a heatproof surface and give the soup a good stir.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate or freeze for later use.